Bridgeport Fittings manufactures zinc alloy and steel electrical products. In addition, Bridgeport supplies many products made from Aluminum, Brass, Malleable Iron, Non-metallic and Stainless Steel for specific application requirements.
Below is a discussion of the advantages of our primary manufacturing material, Zinc Alloy.
Zinc is an easy-to-use, tolerant element that we use as our go-to-material. We rely on zinc alloy for our products because of the many advantages it offers the electrical industry, including:
- Lower total cost compared to steel
- Dimensional consistency for high product quality
- Inherent corrosion protection
- Functional advantages that ensure trouble-free installation
As a material used in the manufacturing of electrical conduit and cable fittings, zinc alloy is referenced as an acceptable material in numerous specifications including:
- Federal Specifications (A-A-50552, A-A-50553, A-A-50563)
- Third Party Certification Standards (UL514B, UL467, CSA C22.2 18.3-04)
- NEMA Specification Standard (FB-1)
- National Electrical Code